When considering purchasing casters, consider the following:
1. What is the load requirement?
2. What wheel diameter will provide the necessary mobility?
3. Will the casters or wheels operate in a harsh environment?
(water, oils, acids, corrosive materials, or excessive temperatures)?
4. Will the unit be hand-pushed or towed?
5. What configuration of casters will be needed? (swivel, rigid)?
6. Will brakes be required?
7. What mounting type is required? i.e. Top Plate, Stem, Hollow Kingpin, etc.
Load + weight of truck ÷ number of casters = lbs. per caster
For example: 2000 lbs. ÷ 4 casters = 500 lbs. per caster